Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Exam Prayer


Prayer for Preparation to Study

Grant me peace, O God, as I open my books and notes. Open my mind to Thy will, and may I dedicate these hours to Thy Son, Jesus Christ.

Offer me insight, O Lord, that I might understand these things, and see them as a part of Thy Kingdom.

May I offer Thee my best in reading and learning that it may be a part of my discipleship.

O Jesus Christ, may this be a worthy time that is faithful to Thee and bring me closer to the goals I have in order to serve Thee. I offer this time and prayer in Thy holy Name. Amen.

Second Day of Exams

"Wisdom has built her house; she has hewn her seven pillars. … The first step to wisdom is the fear of the Lord, and knowledge of the Most Holy One is understanding." Proverbs 9: 1,10 (REB)

Whether I have an exam or not, incline my ear to Thy word, and open my eyes to Thy presence. It is so easy to forget that Thou art with us.

Direct my energy to the accomplishment of Thy will for me, allowing my spirit to detect the direction in which I might best be Thy disciple.

Today I find myself immersed in words, sentences, symbols and equations – whatever language which my subject uses. May they speak clearly and with distinction.

May my desk be an altar where I may lay down my life through my efforts, and dedicate it all to Thee by quickening my knowledge for Thy will to be done. Amen.

No comments: